Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A SONG BY CHANCE

I always laughed my head at chance’s tricks.
She is an old lady whose fickle mood finally made her lose it.
But who am I to say anything? I sure am less sane,
since I lack the rhyme or reason to crack
and even so am nuts in the looks and the guts.

How could I be of harm? I bet my shadow
that no offspring will spring from my siren-singing,
laden with laurel or unsung by the fools’ choral.
So I leave these leftovers on behalf of the resilencing workings
of undercover backcopies’ bookworms.

What have I perfected by trampling on earth
so that I could expect eternity in return?
I happily fed on my joys and aches, and still
got nothing to make up for it. Except the shallow
lightness of my shadow. Then, take it, as you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment