Tuesday, December 28, 2010

IN JAIL

Would you deign to follow me? No.
You know who damned you are talking to?
Sorry, but I can be of no help, Sir.
Probably we were not introduced before.
But if I meet someone who could tell me your name,
Next time, I will be most pleased to inform.

Arrested for contempt.
I ask to take the dog along.
By himself, he pisses profusely on the poles,
craps on the sign that reads dogs forbidden.
He exhibited little concern.
But I earned an extra slap for the dirty wording.

Damp dump! The hair grows all curled.
The boys ask me to unfurl my revelations.
Well let’s get something straight here:
I’m no prophet, but a poet, and the things I won’t disclose
are so important I totally forgot them.
Never bother, from now on you sleep on the stone.

O naughty tongue! You speak for me,
while I take the blows!
But if it were you to be beaten up
every time I shut me up,
I guess you’d make up stoic reasons
for your duty to lick them boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment