Thursday, December 23, 2010

SAY A BLESSING

god bless my next-door neighboring artistes
who fixed me up with tickets to the Warhol's exhibit
god bless the rainy day
that swept visitors and traffic fines away
god bless private initiatives (entrepreneurship?)
and all I.R.S. incentives (chiefly for bluechips)
god bless those who cultivate the self-embellishing virtues
but above all of us the sky blue and the rules
god bless the outspreading smoking prohibition
and my new nicochewinggum addiction
god bless brothers guts, grits and wits
though a dose more spirits can also fit
god bless the repentant streetcar driver
who accidentally ran over Gaudí
god bless my dysfunctional parents
but also the Sacred Family
god bless (oh, don’t forget) brain damages
and, thanks to them, the neurosciences' advances
god bless those who pray and get
and those who needed but forgot to ask
god bless our world ruled by blind Chance
who debunked old venal Providence
god bless as well all that is deceased
and made room for what now exists
god bless God Himself
and all this mess He has amassed
and god bless who the hell blesses me
but my clammy handkerchief equally

No comments:

Post a Comment